Red Deer Transit is offering free transit all day on Election Day to ensure all Red Deer voters are able to cast their vote.
Election Day is Monday, October 18. Red Deer voters will be able to choose from one of eight voting stations across the city. Transit will be free for all riders, all day long.
Voting is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at eight voting stations on Election Day:
- Baymont by Wyndham Red Deer: Piper Creek Room: 4311 49 Avenue
- Cambridge Red Deer Hotel & Conference Centre: Mediterranean Ballroom: 3310 50 Avenue
- Collicutt Centre: Field House: 3031 30 Avenue
- Northside Community Centre (YMCA): Gymnasium: 6391 76 Street
- Parkland Mall: Unit 458: 6359 50 Avenue
- Radisson Hotel Red Deer: Winspear Ballroom: 6500 67 Street
- St. Joseph High School: Gymnasium: 110, 2700 67 Street
- Westerner Park: Exhibition Hall: 4847A 19 Street
Voters can select a transit route using the MyBus app or by visiting reddeer.ca/transit for route maps and schedules.
The City also has a virtual map in place to help voters select the quickest voting station; the voting station map showcases live wait times for each voting station, updated regularly by staff on site throughout each voting day.
Voters can still participate in the Advance Vote until Saturday, October 16. Three Advance Vote stations have been open daily since October 4. Unofficial counts show 8,048 people participated in Advance Vote from October 4 to 14.
In addition to shifting to larger voting stations, a number of health and safety measures are in place to protect both voters and Election staff, including enhanced sanitization, physical distancing, barriers, and mandatory masking.
More information about the Election, including where to vote and who is running, is available at elections.reddeer.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer